- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion
- A couple of carrots, sliced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 750ml of Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Small tin of sweetcorn
- 1 Tin of Red kidney beans
- 1 Tin of Black eyed beans
- 2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
- A couple of chillies (optional)
Sautee the onion and carrots for five minutes, add the garlic and chillies and sautee for a couple more minutes.
Add the other ingredients and bring to a simmer. At this point you can either simmer it on the hob for two hours or put it in the slow cooker for four hours High/eight hours on Low.
Nothing too it!
|Spicy Red and Black Bean Soup artistically presented|